July 6, 2009

Shut Up and Sing

|

Last night I got this insane idea that I needed to make a gigantic dinner and use up just about everything we had in our fridge.

I guess this isn't really so unusual... I love to cook, and I especially love to cook stuff I know my BH will enjoy. I tend to give myself a mental high-five when I make something that gets the "this is reeeeeally good" reaction (hint: using chipotle increases the odds significantly).

But dudes, I think I spent three hours cooking and cleaning. There were potato wedges, roasted beets and radishes, a giant green salad, and about thirty mini-quiches. I was toast by the end of it. Remind me to read this post next time I tackle a four-course meal for two. I did four effing sink-loads of dishes.

In other news...

I recently joined zip.ca, and have been loving the random movies that show up in my mailbox every few days.

Yesterday, I finally got around to watching Shut Up And Sing, which was surprisingly excellent and made me want to run out and buy every Dixie Chicks album I could get my hands on. If you want to see a nasty side of the music industry, and an even nastier side of "redneck bullshit" (my favourite line in the film), I recommend this little movie. You don't even have to like the band to watch it, but I bet that you'll think pretty highly of them by the end of it.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I love to cook too but am not so fond of the cleanup, so I feel your pain.:) We should have a potluck one of these days though, that way the burdened is shared.:)
I'm considering switching to Zip.ca. I've been with Cinemail (Which is based in Winnipeg) for awhile now, but their selection isn't great and Zip is in Ottawa, so my movies would arrive sooner.

EK said...

I joined zip.ca this summer too! It's been fun, but I've been stalled on ER for a month and it's super annoying.

Elliot said...

Years ago - I had to learn one of their tunes on the guitar before my wife would date me :-)

For just a 'camp fire' guitar player - it was a knuckle breaker!