Oh, people.

I wanted to write a big post with pictures, but alas, the pictures from last night are not on my camera. Until they get mailed to me, you will have to just imagine it. Besides, I am about to run off to do some Canada Day celebrating, so I'll have to be brief.

Last night was like the first night but 100 times more amazing. I performed better, I felt more at ease, I talked more with Stuart and Hawksley, and I sold more CDs than I have ever sold in one night. It was a transforming experience, and dudes, the audience really seemed to like it.

Also, I baked Hawksley some cookies. Hey, I figured this was my one chance to get him to remember me, and I figured that fresh chocolate chip cookies and a card with a bulldog on it are both winning ideas. It worked out very well, other than the fact that the cookies didn't rise and looked like creepy chocolaty lumps. I apologized in the card, obvs.

There was a strong blogging contingent in the crowd, including Jo, Zoom and the GC, Milan and Evey. Am I missing anyone? That was the best audience I've ever played for, and I mean it. Even my grade 7 computers teacher was there! Holy assballs!

More soon.... I am being ushered out the door. For now, beer is in order.

7 comments:

Nat said...

Oh I'm so happy it all went well...

Jennifer said...

(psssst, Milan was there too.)

We had a great time! I was bursting with pride when you played. And it was fun to see Stuart is full radio-taping mode.

zoom said...

I was SO happy I went. You were fantastic. (And baking Hawksley some cookies was a stroke of sheer genius.)

EK said...

So much fun! You rock!

Tom Sawyer said...

"Holy assballs!"?

Okay. I've never heard that before. Has anyone ever told you you gotta mouth.

Holy assballs? Just what the hell would they look like? (Never mind. I don't wanna know.)

. said...

Well done! I intended to go, but didn't write it down, and I forgot about it until I read zoom's blog tonight. Arg. I'm glad it went so well for you!
When does this episode air? Saturday?

gc said...

I came to see you in concert and loved it! Wished you could have played more. Who WAS that guy telling stories anyways? I bought your CD and have been listening to it over and over since. Next time put some of those choco chips up for sale in the lobby too. Next time bring Morty too.